Hurricane Hilary is currently forecast to track into Southern California over the weekend and into early next, bringing moderate to heavy showers, thunderstorms and possibly strong winds to Southern California.
With flooding impacts possible, high river levels are also expected in Southern California, especially in San Diego areas, beginning on Saturday night. The location and intensity of wind and rains is unpredictable as the hurricane approaches California, so it is important to be prepared.
Depending on the track of the storm, some impacts are also possible for Central and Northern California on Monday and Tuesday.
Please follow the guidance of your local officials and:
· Sign up to receive local emergency alerts
· Make a family emergency plan
· Check on loved ones and neighbors
If you have other questions or concerns about how this storm might affect you, please contact your regional center.
Additional Information Links:
· California emite aviso sobre el huracán Hilary (Spanish)
· Cal OES Preparing for Hurricane Hilary (Spanish)
· Cal OES Preparing for Hurricane Hilary (English)
· Flood materials (social media graphics and handouts)
· Preparedness materials (social media graphics and handouts)
· Power outage (social media graphics and handouts)
· Water safety (social media graphics and handouts)
· Mental health (handouts)
California Department of Developmental Services